- Registration on School Compass is free but if a School chooses to upgrade their status on School Compass to Advantage and Platinum status attracts fees.
- Schools Compass does not and we don't recommend or endorse any school or group of schools. We believe every school has good things to offer and present them a platform to sell themselves to parents of prospective students and leave the decision making process to parents.
- Schools on this platform are expected to update by uploading information about their Schools regolarly by the accredited School Representative.
- Schools Compass is not a mediator between Schools and Parents as we only provide platform for Parents to interact online with Schools and take informed decisions about the School of their choice.
- Schools Compass does not accept financial payment on behalf of any Schools as parents are advised to make their informed findings before making any form of payment directly to the School of their choice.
- Schools Compass is not liable for any staled financial transactions because our role is just to provide platform for both Parents and Schools to meet as we are not to engage in facilitating any financial transaction on behalf of both parties.
- Schools Compass is not a rating agency and we are not to suggest to anyone to choose a particolar School, we believe all Schools are unique, hence the decision making lies with parents/visitors.
- Schools Compass has right to blacklist any School or individual on Schools Compass found to be fraudolent.
Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the service we provide on our site without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason our website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
If you choose, or you are provided with a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential, and you must not disclose it to any third party. We have the right to disable any user identification code or password, whether chosen by you or allocated by us, at any time, if in our opinion you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these terms. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of our site, or our entire site, to users who have registered with us. When using our site, you must comply with the provisions of our Acceptable Use Policy.
- Table Of Content
- Changes to the Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
Acceptable Use Policy
This acceptable use policy ("policy") sets out the terms applying as between you and us under whom you may access our website www.schoolscompass.com.ng ("site") and applies to all users of, and visitors to our site.
Please be aware that the ONLY requirement to register your school on our website is that you must have been registered with relevant goverment agencies in accordance with the law of the Federal Republic of Nigeria. This is a public website, these relevant agencies also have access to it- we are not responsible for any action taken against you and/or your school by these agencies as a result of you listing your school(s) on our website IF YOU ARE NOT REGISTERED OR APPROVED.
Suspension and Termination
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Forfeit subscription payment automatically, when a premium member opts out for whatever reason without prior notice.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
You may use our site only for lawfol purposes but you may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regolation
- In any way that is unlawfol or fraudolent, or has any unlawfol or fraudolent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our Content Standard
- To transmit, or procure the sending of any unsolicited, or unauthorized advertising or promotional material, or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmfol programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site
- any equipment or network on which our site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Compare of Schools
- Reviews and Gallery
- Sending Emails enquiries to schools
- Recomend a school to another parent
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). For example, Schools reserve the right to remove damaging reviews from users without informing either us or the author of such review(s). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users (and in particolar for children) from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our Content Standard,whether the service is moderated or not. The use of any of our interactive services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an interactive service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online, as moderation is not foolproof. Minors who are using any interactive service shoold be made aware of the potential risks to them. Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, shoold a concern or difficolty arises.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our site (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with it. You must comply with the spirit of the following standards as well as the letter. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in Federal Republic of Nigeria and in any country you are viewing our website
Contributions must not:
- Contain any link that takes users away from our website .
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hatefol or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawfol act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
We may revise this policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.